If you are like me you can't go a morning without a cup of coffee, but are you really getting the most out of it? Try these 7 coffee hacks to make your morning cup more effective, healthier, and more delicious!
1) It's no secret that creamers or full fat milk are not the best choices to add to your coffee (and they taste so good), but now you can have the same taste with less of the waistline growth. Adding a pad of unsalted, grass-fed butter instead of milk or cream can help you lose weight and boost your metabolism and increase energy.
2)Instead of paying a premium for a milk steamer or a in store latte, you can make your own in a few minutes with just a milk frother, which costs less than $20. Pour some milk and sugar into your mug and then microwave it for about 2 mins, then use your frother to make the mixture foamy. Then just pour in your coffee and enjoy.
3) On a hot day, watered down coffee is the last thing you want to drink. Freezing coffee as ice cubes creates a richer way to enjoy a full tasting iced coffee drink for the duration of the drink. POUR coffee into clean ice cube tray. Freeze until solid. REMOVE from tray. Place in resealable plastic freezer bag and immediately put in freezer.
4) Don't trash those old coffee grounds ; there are many things you can use them for. Old grounds can help you garden as a great fertilizer and pest repellent. They can also help improve your home, as you can use them to absorb undesired household odors, or you can make your own candles with the grounds at the bottom giving off that amazing coffee smell. They can even help improve your body, as they make an excellent skin exfoliant and hair treatment as well.
5) You don't have to endure bitter coffee, instead add a pinch of salt. The salti counteracts the bitterness and gives the coffee a much smoother taste.
6) Your body naturally produces the stress hormone cortisol to give you a burst of energy at around 7 am, noon, and 6 pm. Since you're already naturally more awake at these times, you are better off taking your coffee break between 9:30-11:30 am and 1:30-5 pm, when your level of cortisol drops.
7) A lot of people like to start their day with a huge cup of coffee that they think will get them through the day. Actually, smaller and more frequent doses of caffeine are much more effective than one large dose. Whenever you're feeling tired, drink a small cup of coffee.